I tried the traditional Doctor "only" route. I had 2 myomectomies to remove the fibroids, but after about 5 years or so the fibroids grew back after each surgery. My surgeries only gave me relief for from the fibroids for about 5 years, and then the fibroids started growing back. Also, unfortunately, the surgeries didn't heal my hormonal imbalance problems, so I still had adult acne, cysts in my breasts, dry hair, dry eyes etc. After the third time my fibroids started growing back, I knew I had to do something different. I had to get smarter about what I was doing. If you haven't read my previous blog posts I encourage you to scroll down on my blog and read some of my earlier posts. But in this post I want to help you kick start your own journey and start shrinking your fibroids. I have learned a lot over the years, by trial and error, by researching and by practicing, and I want to share that knowledge with you. When I first started learning about shrinking my fibroids I tried different things. I started integrating changes slowly and saw results in the first 3 months and then more results in 6 months. I want to share with you what I did, so you can learn from what I did, and you can be more aggressive in the beginning, and see results even faster than I did. I still do all these things everyday, and this is what has kept my fibroids shrunk and small enough so that they don't give me any problems.
If you really want to shrink your fibroids naturally, then following these 10 steps to kick start your journey and get you on the path to a healthier life.
1. BE DETERMINED - The first thing you will need to be is DETERMINED. You will have to make up your mind that you are going to DO SOMETHING and you are going to stick with it so that you can get results. As a society we have become so accustomed to quick fixes. We expect to pop one pill from the doctor and "poof" all our troubles are gone. It doesn't work that way when it comes to shrinking your fibroids.
2. GO TO THE DOCTOR - Stop being afraid to go to the doctor, stop being afraid of the diagnosis, stop being embarrassed to tell your doctor what's really going on with your menstrual cycle. Many women suffer in silence because they are afraid or embarrassed. You need to go to a doctor and get an exam, and an ultrasound so they can determine how many fibroids you have and measure how large they are. At one time I had 7 fibroids of various sizes. Some small, and some large fibroids, 2 cm up to 8 cm. My fibroids eventually shrunk. Some small fibroids are gone and the larger ones shrunk by about 60%. Your doctor will go over all your options. They will probably mention treatments like myomectomy, uterine fibroid embolization (UFE), hormonal therapy, hysterectomy. Don't be frightened, just go and listen to what the doctor says. If your doctor will approve it, try and and also get a hormonal test that measures your estrogen and progesterone levels. It's good to know your levels, and if you are low in progesterone then you might need to use some natural progesterone cream and rub it on your belly twice per day. Some women with fibroids have high levels of the bad estrogen and also low progesterone.
3. EDUCATE YOURSELF - Don't get all your information from one source. Not even from just me. Unfortunately most medical doctors do not integrate natural or homeopathic ways to cure patients. Most Doctors are simply taught to diagnosis and then prescribe a pill or a surgery. Most doctors do not educate themselves on natural medicines, and most doctors do not address root causes of our health issues, but instead they just prescribe pills and surgery. So you will need to do more than just go to your OB/GYN doctor. Through my own discovering I have learned that the real medical problem of us ladies with fibroids is not the fibroids at all. That right, Fibroids is not our real medical root cause problem. Fibroids are just one symptom of our real medical problem. Our real medical problem is ESTROGEN DOMINANCE. We have too much estrogen in our bodies. So if we cure our estrogen dominance problem then our fibroids will shrink and all of the other medical problems associated with fibroids will improve as well.
4. CHANGE YOUR DIET - As I mentioned, the cause of fibroids is estrogen dominance. So to fix that you have to reduce the amount of estrogen that you allow to enter your body through the food you eat. When you eat animal meats, beef, chicken, and pork, and when you eat dairy products like milk, cheese, and eggs, you are adding extra estrogen hormones into your body. So to kick start your new diet you will need to cut out eating animal meats and dairy. I suggest you cut it out completely for the first 30 days, then if you like after 30 days you can re-integrate it back into your diet, BUT in a much much lower amounts. Your body has a propensity to store estrogen so you can not eat as much as another woman without it affecting your fibroids. Organic meats are better, but they still come from animals so that means they still have estrogen hormones. So yes you need to cut them out. You can eat fish, and that will help get your protein in your diet. Don't eat Tofu or Soy. Also no caffeine and reduce your sugar intake. Replace your morning coffee and cream instead with a hot herbal tea. No sodas. All of these things increase the estrogen in your body. So try and avoid them as much as possible. You also need to eat more fiber. Fiber is a good way to eliminate estrogen from your body. Fiber will help you have a bowel movement everyday so that the excess estrogen will be eliminated and not stored in your body. If you are not having a bowel movement everyday you need to eat more fiber and eat more leafy green vegetables. I know these diet changes may be tough for some, but try your very best. The better you do at eliminating these things the faster and better your results will be. Try and kick start your journey by strictly adhering to it for the first 30 days. Then the next 3 months eat very little of these items. The more you stay away from it the better your results.
5. EXERCISE - Try and exercise 20 minutes a day. Even if its just a walk around the block. It really doesn't matter what you do, just get moving. The more you exercise the better and faster your results will be.
6. DRINK APPLE CIDER VINEGAR - The first thing you need to get is some Apple Cider Vinegar. You can buy it at your local grocery or drug store. It's cheap. In the morning have a cup of hot herbal tea, decaffeinated, and add 1 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar for every 6 oz of water. I add a little honey to make it taste better. Apple Cider Vinegar is a great way to start detoxing your body, your liver and getting rid of bacteria and toxins in your body. When you have excess estrogen in your body, your liver becomes sluggish because it is overwhelmed with all the estrogen and toxins that it is trying to process. With a sluggish liver it can't work correctly, so it doesn't process all the estrogen and as a result the estrogen stays in your body and makes your fibroids grow. The apple cider vinegar will start to help you detox your body so that your liver will get stronger and do a better job at processing the estrogen in your body. As a side extra tip, if you are experiencing adult acne due to your hormonal imbalance then also start using the apple cider vinegar as an astringent and toner on your face. Each morning and night after you wash your face then use a cotton ball or your clean hands to rub the applec cider vinegar on your face. Let it dry. I normally keep it on and then just apply my makeup over it, or at night let it sit on your face all night. Just like the apple cider vinegar will help kill the toxin and bacteria in your body by drinking it, on your face it will help kill any acne causing bacteria. It works welll. You may have to get used to the initial smell, but it's worth it. And don't worry about all that stuff floating in the bottle you buy. It sort of looks like pulp. That's good healing stuff so shake it up before you use it.
7. TAKE DIM- Dim is absolutely my favorite supplement. When I started taking DIM my body improved tremendously. It helped shrink my fibroids. It helped get rid of all my adult hormonal acne, it eliminated my hormonal PMS and mood swings. Another great benefit of DIM is that it can help lower your blood pressure if you have high blood pressure. If you are on blood pressure medicine, taking DIM may can get you off of those meds. It has done so for many people. Officially DIM is an abbreviation for Diindolylmethane (DIM). DIM is a natural phytonutrient found in cruciferous vegatables like broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower and kale. So when I take 4 DIM it's equivalent to me eating 4 lbs of broccoli, kale etc everyday. Plus when I eat my green vegetables at dinner time then I get even more natural DIM in my body. So you ask what's so great about getting that many servings of green vegetables that it shrinks fibroids. First of all I could never eat 4 lbs of green leafy vegetable a day just by adjusting my diet. Plus one of the powerful effects of getting all that DIM found in cruciferous vegetables is that it has the amazing ability to balance hormones and metabolize estrogen. If you have fibroids then getting rid of, or metabolizing estrogen is very very important. DIM will help your body get rid of the estrogen in your body. If you have fibroids you need to start taking DIM right away. I take 4 DIM each day, for a total of 200 mg.
8. DRINK ORGANIC MANGOSTEEN JUICE DAILY - This fruit juice is wonderful in helping to strengthen my liver, detox my body, get rid of bacteria and reduce inflammation in my body. With Estrogen dominance your body also probably has chronic inflammation, and a sluggish liver. That means you may suffer more from allergies, sinus problems, get colds & flu more and your uterus is inflamed from the fibroids. The mangosteen juice is really helpful in alleviating this. A small amount is all you need each day. I drink 1- 2 oz per day. But you need to make sure you get a high quality brand that does not include a lot of other juice fillers and water. I'll share with you the one I use that is high quality and includes the rind of the fruit. The rind is the most important part because that's where most of the nutrients are that will heal you. The juice has to contain the rind.
9. TAKE A WHOLE FOOD VITAMIN - Many women with fibroids also suffer from some vitamin deficiencies of B-12, Vitamin E, Vitamin D and others. That's why you need a good whole food vitamin. Don't waste your money on those cheap synthetic vitamins like women's one a day, they don't do enough because they are not being absorbed in your body enough. You need a good whole food vitamin. Later in this post you can see what vitamin I take everyday.
10. TAKE GREEN TEA EXTRACT DECAF - Each day I take one pill supplement 725 MG of green tea extract, decaf. DECAF is very important. The ECGC in the green tea helps to breakdown and kill the fibroids in your body.
Whatever you choose to do with your fibroids, that is to have surgery or take steps to shrink them naturally, or do both, just remember that you have to do something. You shouldn't have to live in pain. I know it's a difficult and very emotional decision, and sometimes it helps tremendously to have someone to talk to, ask questions, and to encourage you along the way. So if you would like my help to help you make your own personal decisions, and to help and encourage you on your journey to better health then you can sign-up for wellness coaching from me. As I mentioned in my blog, fibroids are most likely not the only problem you are dealing with as a result of excess estrogen. Through a series of questions that I ask you through email, I help you determine whether other ailments you have are linked to your excess estrogen and fibroids. From things like migraine headaches, sleepless nights, dry brittle hair and nails, acne, weight gain and more. I then help you to implement a personal plan to help you on your journey to become healthier, get rid of your excess estrogen, shrink your fibroids and free yourself of those symptoms. For the next 6 months, we become pen pals, and we share our personal stories with each other on how to get healthier. We talk about everything from diet changes, vitamins and supplements that help, meal planning tips, how to monitor your progress and more. I will support you, encourage you to get better and to stay consistent.
|$10 For 6 Months Of Coaching|